- Mass Attendance
- Sadlier Religion Series
- Visits from Associate Pastor
- Scripture Study for Children in grades 3-8
- Catholic Family Life
- Touching Safety
- Sacrament Program
- Respect Life Week
- Vocations Week
- Service Projects
The first goal of our school is to live and teach the Catholic doctrines of Jesus Christ. Our second goal is to offer a fine academic program. We believe that these two goals compliment one another, working together to form the whole person.
- Library Classes
- Accelerated Reading Program
- Battle of the Books Program (grades 4-8)
- Star Reading Program
- Six Traits of Writing Program
- Wonders Early Reading Program
The multi-faced Language Arts Program is organized and taught in self-contained classrooms in the primary grades and departmentalized in the upper grades and junior high.
- Scientific Method
- Earth and Space Science
- Life Science
- Physical Science
- Science and Technology
- Guest Speakers
- Field Trips
Science is taught using the Harcourt Science Series in grades 1-5 and Glencoe Science Series in grades 6-8.
- Political Science
- Arkansas Studies
- Peace and Justice
- National Geographic Geography Bee
Field trips, videos, speakers, individual and group projects are regularly used to supplement the Social Studies curriculum.
- Numbers, Numeration, Operations
- Problem Solving and Applications
- Graphs and Charts
- Mu Alpha Theta Competition
- Math Club
Mathematics education at Christ the King School begins at the concrete level and progresses to the abstract level. Computer software and manipulatives are often used to supplement math instruction.
- Basic Operations and Concepts
- Social, Ethical and Human Issues
- Technology Communication Tools
- Technology as a Tool for Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Technology Productivity Tools
- Technology Research Tools
In addition to computer instruction in the lab, all classrooms are equipped with Chromebooks, interactive whiteboard technology, wifi and surround sound.
- Movement Education
- Manipulative Skills Development
- Sports: football, cheerleading, volleyball, soccer, basketball, cross-country, track and golf
P.E. is taught to Pre-K - 8th grade students every week. Our athletic programs are available to all students in the eligible grade levels. We provide an opportunity for all interested students to learn good sportsmanship and teamwork as well as to improve in the basic skills of the sport.
- Visual Awareness
- Art Productivity
- Safety in Art Process
- Media Techniques and Information
- Aesthetic Awareness
- Art History
Every student receives art instruction each week beginning in Kindergarten. Our students have produced award-winning art at the state level each year.
- Elements of Music
- Liturgical Music
- Multi-Cultural Music
- Careers in Music
- Elements of Performance
- Interrelationship of Music, Art and Literature
- Special Choirs
Our full-time music teacher provides instruction from Pre-K - 6th grade. Students gain performance experience through the Pre-K Program, Kindergarten Circus, 1st Grade Christmas Pageant, 3rd Grade Caroling and 5th Grade Stations of the Cross.
- Written Communication
- Spoken Communication
- Knowledge and Understanding Culture
- Conversational Spanish
- Celebrations: Cinco de Mayo
- Music and Games
- Arts and Crafts
- Movement and Dance
Each child from Pre-K - 8th grade is provided with Spanish instruction from a certified teacher. We strive to provide a strong foundation for future study of Spanish.